BOSTITCH F21PL Review:
Looking for a nailer that also do metal connection? Well, look no further, the BOSTITCH F21PL can do both effectively and efficiently. With the F21PL with you, you do not need to buy separate tools because it does both extremely well. If you are a fan of the brand, then you are in the right place to know more about your beloved tool.
However, if you are not, then read our BOSTITCH F21PL Review to fall in love with this BOSTITCH Framing Nailer for 2022. The brand has been around since 1896 and was established by Stanley Bostitch.
This American company designs and makes different tools. The company makes staplers, staple guns, nailers, riveters, glue guns, nails, screws and staples.
The F21PL, a 21-degree plastic collated framing nailer can drive nails into engineered lumber without hassles. You can maneuver it easily due to its lightweight. Also, the depth of the nail can be controlled by just a push of the button. The F21PL works smoothly and efficiently. This is a must-have tool for every professional or even amateur carpenter or woodworker.
This bad boy can be put to multiple uses including framing, sheathing, siding, installing metal connectors, trusses, bridging, strapping, fencing etc. It works perfectly nailing wood to masonry, engineered lumber and exterior decks. The BOSTITCH F21PL can drive plastic collated 1½ inches and 2½ inches metal connector nails of diameter .131 – .148 inch.
Push Button Depth Setting:
It comes with an original push-button adjustment depth guide which helps in setting the desired depths for nailing.
Made of magnesium, this nailer has the feature of lightness and durability.
The F21PL comes off the shelve with a dual role – a framing nailer and a metal connector. The tool comes with two quick-change nosepieces that assist in switching the device to the desired application.
Adjustable Rafter Hook:
Hanging the device after use or on tool belts during operation is possible. The tool comes with an adjustable rafter hook for hanging it on joists and rafters.
- Manufacturer: Bostitch
- Model Number: F21PL
- Net Weight: 8.1 pounds
- Dimension: 20.38 x 5.25 x 14 inches
- Operating Pressure: 80 – 120 psi
- Power Source: Air
- Fastener Type/Gauge: 21 Degree Plastic Strip Round Head Nails
- Fastener Length: 2 – 3½ inches (framing nails) and 1½ – 2½ inches (metal connector nails)
- Magazine Capacity: 60 nails
- Depth Adjustment: Present
- Dry Fire Lockout: Absent
- Firing Mode: Sequential with contact trigger
- Jam Clearance: Present
- Warranty: 7-Year Limited Warranty
Q: What Nails Will BOSTITCH F21PL Shoot?
A: The BOSTITCH F21PL will shoot as follows:
- Standard Framing: Fires 21 degrees collated full round head stick nails, in lengths of 2 to 3½ inches (50-90mm) and shank diameters of .113 to .162 inch (2.8 – 4.1 mm)
- Metal Connector: Fires a 23 degrees plastic collated full round head metal connector nails, in lengths of 1½ and 2½ inches (30 – 64mm) and shank diameters of .131-inch, .148-inch and .162-inch.
Q: How Do I Use The BOSTITCH F21PL?
A: Using the BOSTITCH F21PL is not different from other nailers. The simple steps are as follows:
- Wear your protective gadgets before starting
- Load your nailer and never shoot it empty
- After loading the nailer, set the compressor to the right pressure then connect it to the gun. Do not exceed the air pressure for the gun. Always load the nail before connecting the compressor.
- Grip the tool firmly and do not overdrive the nails. Adjust nail depth using the depth control on the gun.
- Press it against the piece and press the trigger and the nail will shoot.
Q: How Do I To Single Fire A BOSTITCH F21PL?
A: Single-shot firing also called full sequential firing, it makes the controls to be actuated in a series. Full sequential firing has been considered as the safest firing option. It’s a perfect method precision shooting jobs like framing and carpentry. In those jobs, precision is given priority over speed fastening.
Firing a single shot goes thus:
- Press the safety tip slowly against the work surface
- Pull the trigger to get the nailer to release a single fastener
- Repeat the process to shoot another nail.
Q: How Do I Replace The Trigger On A BOSTITCH F21PL?
A: Replacing the trigger assembly on a BOSTITCH F21PL can be achieved in the following simple steps:
- Get all your toolbox with your tools ready – hammer, diagonal pliers, pin push, flathead etc.
- Put your glove on and your safety glasses
- Punch out all four of the pins near the trigger
- With the aid of your diagonal pliers, pull out the pin the rest of the way out
- Remove the nail canister but do not lose the nut on the back. Work the components until you can move it.
- Use your flat head screwdriver to unclip the top of the guard to get the housing out of the way to see the trigger assembly
- After doing this remove the housing to see the trigger assembly.
- Bump the gun a bit to shoot the trigger assembly out of the gun and ensure you catch it
- Unplug the gun and then pull the trigger assembly out – which happens to be two different pieces.
- Apply some pneumatic grease on the new trigger and install it.
- Align the new trigger with the pinholes on the gun to make the pins fit perfectly
- Put the pins back into the holes. Slightly hammer them into the holes
- Rest the nailer on its side and use your pin push tool and hammer to completely push the pins into position to flush with the body of the nailer
- Replace the trip and the O ring on the pins.
- Replace the guard and canister before bolting it back on
- Once you have the whole things in place, replace the bolts and nuts
- Put your safety gear back on and you can finally try it out
Q: Which Nail Manufacturers Are Compatible With The BOSTITCH F21PL?
A: Grip-Rite makes fasteners that are compatible with the BOSTITCH F21PL. They are a leader in making collated fastener. They make the 21 degrees plastic strip round head nails Grip-Rite GRTFR83
Q: Where Do I Oil In A BOSTITCH F21PL?
A: Since the BOSTITCH F21PL allows oiling, then you need to oil the specific place. The following areas need oiling:
- Feed system
- Air fitting
Why buy two when you can buy just one that does what two can do? As read in this BOSTITCH F21PL Review that this bad boy is a must-have BOSTITCH Framing Nailer for 2021, hence why wait? Make the purchase right away and do not consider the price because it’s an investment.
- Top 9 Best Narrow Crown Staplers
- The 2 Best DEWALT Flooring Staplers [2021 Reviews]
- The 3 Best BOSTITCH Flooring Staplers For Engineered Hardwood