Brother SE 400 Review: Best Sewing and Embroidery Machine
Do you have beautiful ideas in your head? We have the Brother SE400 Combination Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine to help you realize your vision. The machine is easy to use and comes with many features, no matter what your level.
You can rest assured that your purchase was a great investment. This machine has endless possibilities. Continue reading if you want to learn more.
Brother SE 400 Review: the Next-Gen Sewing Machine
The Brother SE400 Combination Computerized Sewing & Embroidery Machine is designed to give your projects that professional touch. It’s the ideal machine for all of your embroidery, sewing and home decor projects.
It has 70 built-in embroidery patterns, 67 stitching stitches, 120 frames pattern combinations, and five fonts for embroidery lettering. The SE400 is feature-loaded but still offers a low price.
Thanks to its computer connectivity, the SE400 is able to keep up with the latest machine updates. You can also seamlessly import and digitize embroidery designs directly from your desktop or laptop computer.
The SE400 makes sewing simple and easy, unlike other machines. The automatic needle threading system makes threading quick and simple.
The machine’s backlit LCD touch screen LCD LCD makes it easy to use. The Quick-Set drop-in top Bobbin, easy bobbin-winding process, and built-in push-button needle cutter offer additional convenience for sewing and creating embroidery.
The SE400 also comes with an impressive assortment of accessories, making it an affordable and feature-rich option for budding fashion designers.
The Brother Industries Limited SE400 is a product that comes out of the box with features for advanced designers or beginners.
These are the cool features that make this machine special.
Backlit LCD Touch Screen Display that is User-Friendly:
The machine comes with a variety of patterns and designs built in. You can access these designs easily using the LCD touch screen.
You can also manage the design editing tools and much more. Using the LCD screen’s built-in tutorials, you can quickly start embroidery.
Spacious 4″ x 4″ Embroidery Area:
You can be creative and create beautiful designs with the embroidery area.
Automated Needle Threader
The SE400 comes with an automatic needle-threader so you don’t need to worry about threading. The machine can be threaded in a matter of seconds.
You can update your SE400 easily from the manufacturer’s site. To add to your collection, you can import different designs from other websites.
You can also purchase thousands of unique, downloadable embroidery designs from iBroidery.com. This machine is equipped with industry-standard.pes files that can be used to digitalize designs..penibroidery files are also available immediately after purchase.
Smooth Fabric Feeding
Fabrics can be easily advanced or fed smoothly into the machine by using the 7-point feed dogs.
Brightly lit Workspace
Your SE400 can be used safely and comfortably thanks to the bright light shining onto the work area/needle area. The machine’s bright light is able to see through dark fabrics.
Easy Bobbin Preparation:
The SE400 has a convenient bobbin winding system that makes threading easy. It is quick and easy to prepare bobbins.
Reliable, Quick-Set Drop-in Bobbin System:
The machine’s bobbin mechanism works like a hot knife in butter. The jam-resistant drop in top bobbin eliminates “fishing” for bobbin string.
There are 67 built-in stitches available, including decorative, utility, quilting and heirloom. The machine also includes 70 embroidery designs, five embroidery fonts, and 120 combinations of frame patterns.
You can use the design editing functions to rotate, mirror-images and reduce or increase the size of your designs.
Tutorials are included with the SE400 to help beginners and new users. The tutorials on the LCD screen will show you how to use the machine’s sewing and embroidery functions.
You can add accessories to the SE400 to increase its versatility, usability, or versatility. To switch between functions on the SE400, simply switch out an accessory. We will now look at the accessories that came with your machine.
1, 4″x4″ Embroidery Hoop
2, Accessories Feet: The machine includes the following feet, which make it awesome:
- Blind stitch foot
- Button fitting foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Foot embroidery
- Monogramming foot
- Overcasting foot
- Zipper foot
4. Embroidery arm
5 USB Cable
6, Accessory bag with seam ripper, needle set and cleaning brush. Two screwdrivers and touch pen. Three spool caps. scissors. Three bobbins.
7, English/Spanish operation manual
The following product information is available for the SE400:
|Product Dimension||20.3 x 15 x 15.2 inches|
|Warranty||25 years limited parts; 1-year labor|
|In the Box:||SE400 Computerized
Sewing and Embroidery Machine
4” x 4” Embroidery hoop
Free Arm/Accessory Compartment
Assorted Accessory feet
Embroidery bobbin thread
Accessory bag with various accessories
English/Spanish operation manual
|Warranty||25-year limited warranty|
Care and Maintenance Tips:
You want to be able to use your machine longer. To do this, it is important that you keep it in good condition. Routine operational maintenance can help you achieve this. Follow these simple steps:
Clean the Machine Surface
Your machine can get dusty from time to time. Dust can build up and cause damage to your machine. These are the steps to quickly get rid of dust from your machine.
- To prevent electric shock and other injuries, disconnect the power cable.
- Use a soft, absorbent cloth to soak in neutral detergent and water solution.
- Take the detergent cloth off and squeeze the liquid out.
- To clean the machine’s surface, use a moist soapy cloth.
- To keep the surface shiny, wipe it with a dry cloth after you have used the damp cloth.
Cleaning the Race
The machine’s performance will suffer if it has too much dust in its bobbin case. To ensure that your machine runs smoothly, keep it clean. Follow these simple steps to get rid of dust from the bobbin case:
- To cut the electric supply, turn off the machine and then disconnect the power cable located at the right-hand side.
- Remove the flatbed attachment and the embroidery unit, whichever one is attached.
- Now loosen the screw holding the presser feet holder and remove the presser feet holder. Now, loosen the needle clamp screw.
- To remove the needle plate cover, grab the sides and slide the plate towards yourself.
- To remove the bobbin, hold it in your hand and pull it out gently.
- To remove any lint or dust from the race, thread sensor, and surrounding areas, use a soft brush or a vacuum to clean it. The bobbin case should not be oiled. The bobbin thread sensor should not be clogged with dust or it will not function properly.
- The bobbin box should be placed so that the spring’s projection is aligned with it. Move the bobbin box left and right until the projection touches the spring. The needle could break if the bobbin box is not installed correctly.
- Slide the cover over the needle plate by inserting the tabs from the needle plate cover.
- Otherwise, the bobbin case should not be touched. The upper thread could become tangled or break.
FAQs [Brother SE 400 Review]
Q: What should I do if my machine thread gets tangled?
A: If the machine thread becomes tangled, it will stop turning. Please do the following:
Do not force the pulley to turn. If you do, the lower thread may not be picked up correctly and the stitches might not form correctly.
Take off the needle plate and use a cutter or scissors to cut the tangled threads.
Q: Why does the lower thread keep breaking?
A: There are several reasons why the lower thread is broken:
- It is possible that the thread might be tangled
- It is possible for the bobbin to be threaded incorrectly in the shuttle hook
- If the machine is not properly threaded, try to re-thread it and untangle it (as described above) to fix the problem.
Q: How do I oil my machine?
A: The user should not oil the machine as it could cause damage. To ensure that the machine runs properly, the oil was added to the machine before it was made. The machine doesn’t need to be oiled. If the machine is difficult to turn, or becomes noisy, contact the dealer immediately.
Brother SE400 was awarded the Women’s Choice Award 2018 and is highly recommended by 9/10 customers. This machine is perfect for beginners and professionals alike. This machine will allow you to use a wide range of sewing functions as well as unlimited embroidery possibilities.
We are sure that you will love this post. Therefore, we would like to hear from you. Please leave your comments, questions and suggestions below. Remember to rate and share this post about Brother SE 400 Review. [pdf]
- Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine for Beginners
- Brother SE400 Vs SE600 Vs SE625: What Works?
- Singer 7258 Stylist Sewing Machine Review: Good Or Bad Buy?
- The 6 Best Sewing Machines for Beginners: Reviews and Guide
[email protected] Bravo says
Randy Neal says
Woww! Thank you so much for this post. Comprehensive and really helpful. I have once seen the SE400 machine at a friends place, and I instantly fell in love with it. The inbuilt designs were amazing and makes me want to get a hand on the machine.
This post has just further watered my appetite for the machine and I am surely going to include it on my to-buy list. It always feels refreshing reading stuff from here. Keep up the good work.