Best Mason Bee Houses for 2023:
We see bees as creatures that only can sting and attack us. But we forget that honeybees can also make wax and honey.
- Nature’s best friend, bees. Bee pollination is essential for the survival of many plants and flowers.
- They are among the most prolific pollinators on our planet.
- One native bee can produce many thousand flowers per day.
Homesteaders have found this species to be rare after the introduction of mason bee homes. This guide will give you more information.
The 8 Best Mason Bee Homes for Sale:
Niteangel Natural Wooden Hotel Bee Bug House/Hotel
This mason bee house is a must-have for nature lovers. It is 1.46 pounds in weight and measures 7.5 X 2.28 X 8.7 inches.
Features & Details
- This structure can be fixed using natural materials such as pinewood, bamboo, and pine cone.
- It is handmade in a durable design that resists weather and pests. It is durable because of this.
- It can house a variety of insects, including mason bees and digger wasps, butterflies, and wild bees.
- It regulates the garden’s atmosphere naturally.
How does it work?
Beneficial insects will be attracted to this product, which in turn will prey on parasites. It attracts mason bees, which are excellent pollinators.
- It can move even small gardens with ease, and its craftsmanship is exceptional. It takes about a week for the bees to live there.
- It is very easy to install. It comes with a set of instructions so you can hang it anywhere.
- The box contains a small brush and a nice box. The metal roof confirms its durability.
- You can solve all your doubts by purchasing one and trying it out for yourself.
Mason Bee House by Gardener’s Supply Company
This will increase your garden’s productivity, especially in terms of vegetable and fruit yields. It is a safe haven for peaceful, non-stinging mason honey bees.
It is the ideal habitat for bees.
Specifications and Features:
- It is made from durable bamboo materials.
- It measures 5.8 X 6 inches X 10.5 inches.
- It can be placed against a tree or wall near your garden. This will allow it to receive enough sunlight in the morning and help attract more mason bees.
- The bamboo tubes are filled with the eggs, nectar, and pollen of female bees.
- The tubes allow the females to lay eggs and fill in pollen. This helps in the propagation of the brood.
Evergreen Garden Wall Mounted Honey Habitat
For buyers who want to save money and time, this is the best choice.
Its unique design protects bees against pesticides and other harmful invaders. This provides safety for nesting.
Specifications and Features
- This structure is made from FSC-certified wood. The copper strip is applied to the roof.
- The wooden tunnels allow bees to fly comfortably between the open and closed ends. Maximum protection is also available to bees.
- The metal hanger is 5-7 feet high and can be attached to a fence or wall that faces the morning sun.
- It measures 6.8 X 8.8 X 7.8 inches.
- Bamboo tubes can be replaced if they become damaged. You can also rearrange the tubes if they are damaged during shipping.
- The bee larvae are not easily accessible by pests and predators. The structure’s design and orientation are responsible for this.
- This product would look unique if it was painted outside. Use a paint that is gentle on the bees.
- This presentation is one of the most impressive in the field. This product is durable and worth the money.
Wildlife World Interactive Mason Bee Management System.
Collaboration with wildlife experts results in the extensive development of products that have unique features like this.
The mason bee home is a great attraction. This house is perfect for non-swarming honey bees like the leafcutter or mason bees.
This is a beautiful garden addition that requires little effort. The bees will find it by themselves.
Specifications and Features
- The presence of fully removable inspection trays makes viewing the bees easy.
- This unit was constructed with FSC-certified sustainable timber. This unit is focused on the preservation of the environment.
- It measures 6.3 X6.7 X 7.1 inches.
- This spacing is ideal for mason bees. The bees are protected from harsh weather conditions by the roof.
- This is the best advice for top wildlife conservation groups.
- The mason bee species find it irresistible because of its design. It is so full that the bees can fill it in a very short time.
- The mason bee house can be used to train both adults and children.
This Hive has many advantages:
- The solitary beehive is a unique habitat that is hard to find in modern gardens. It is always there to help the gardener.
- The natural attraction of honeybees is enhanced by properly drilling holes in the wood.
- This structure can be easily dismantled to see the formation of small cells that are responsible for egg-laying.
- It is also possible to identify the part that is most vulnerable to predators.
- Solitary bees can increase the yield of your garden’s flowers, fruits, and vegetables.
- This unit can be taken apart and replaced with any of the other parts. After being fixed with screws rather than nails, it appears heavy and sturdy.
- The booklet contains information about how to take care of your bees and house.
- To get this quality asset at an affordable price, you will need to place an order.
Esschert Design WAO2 Bee House
- This is a great option that you cannot afford to overlook.
- This is the ideal option for anyone who loves nature.
- This unit is designed to keep mason bees in the area and help with pollination.
- This will protect your garden and increase your production.
- The construction is made of high-quality materials and has a durable tin roof that ensures durability.
Specifications and Features
- It’s a beautiful design, but it is too big to hold a large number of bees.
- Bamboo is the primary material used in construction. It can withstand extreme weather conditions and pest infestations.
- It’s easy to replace bamboo tubes that can be used with mason bees.
- It measures 4.5 X 5.5.5 X 8.8 inches.
- Because most flowers depend on pollinators for their pollination, mason bees provide the ideal environment for them.
- Because of its bamboo diameter, it is attractive enough for different species to enter and exit.
- After a season of nesting, removing the bamboo and putting in a new one is simple.
- Metal roofing offers shelter and keeps the interior dry.
- Hanging wires are not required. It causes the Hive not to move as necessary.
- The tube is not protected from the rain by the roof.
- Bamboo tubes are hollow. The end that is closed to bees is preferred.
- Bamboo pieces continue to emerge. To keep everything in its place, you may need to glue it.
Nature’s Way Bird Products CWH9 Cedar Bee House
- This is the best way to increase and maintain the productivity of your garden plants.
- The construction is mostly made of premium cedar, which can’t rot easily.
- Cedar can withstand harsh weather conditions.
- This structure is so designed that insects can’t avoid it.
Specifications and Features
- The hanger is simple to mount. It can be placed in any location you choose.
- It measures 3.8 X 5 X 8 inches.
- This design attracts beneficial insects like solitary bees, pollinating up to 20 times as many honey bees.
- It can increase pollination and yields in your gardens.
How Cedar Bee House Works?
It features hollow tubes in various sizes and pre-drilled wood blocks that attract a variety of beneficial pollinators.
This house should be installed next to an area you wish to pollinate or protect, e.g., next to a garden, flower bed, or blossoming plant.
The insects love a dry, warm place that is also free of draughts.
The place of orientation must receive plenty of sunshine. This allows pollinators to leave earlier each day.
To prevent the house from moving, especially in windy days, it should be hung at eye level on a sturdy fence or arbor post.
There are several factors to consider when setting up the unit.
- Be aware of the behavior and type of insects present in your garden before you set up any new structures.
- You should ensure that the house’s orientation is not in direct contact with the rain patterns.
- Most insects are active during the day and forage or pollinate. They might not return to their homes until nightfall.
- It may need to be monitored closely for a few weeks. If you don’t notice any insects, then the location might not be suitable.
- Then, you can take a look at your yard and move your insect house to try again.
Skoolix Outdoor Garden Bee House and Insect Home
- This habitat is ideal for honey bees, carpenter bees, mason, solitary, and other native pollinator bugs.
- It can be used to attract bees to your garden with the primary purpose of pollinating your plants.
Specifications and Features
- It is attractive in design. Its unique raindrop style makes it an attractive addition to any garden or yard.
- It measures 4 X 10x 6 inches. It is large enough for mason bees to use as a habitat.
- The product includes a 6-inch rope hanger attached to any tree branch or stake.
- You can enjoy the benefits of handcraft by using about 70 nesting tube cylinders.
Skoolix Insect Homes: Advantages
- Even if it is kept outside, it can last for up to 2 years.
- It is a perfect home for female mason honey bees. It is also home to carpenter bees.
- You will enjoy the experience by cleaning it regularly and replacing it after two seasons.
- It’s cost-effective and provides a realistic option for a cleaner environment.
- It attracts more honeybees. It is a safe place for wild insects to nest and shelter.
Welliver Outdoors Mason Bee House
- This structure is the ideal place to keep your mason bees.
- This will increase your production by a lot.
- Mason bees can be harmless and pose no danger to wooden structures.
- They nest in hollow stems, insect holes, and woodpecker holes.
- This mason bee home is the ideal choice to encourage pollination.
Specifications and Features
- These tubes are perfect for mason bees and come with matching paper tubes. These tubes encourage female mason bees to lay their eggs.
- It measures 8 X 7 X 7.75 inches.
- You will find enough straws to fill the container.
- This is an alternative to beekeeping that requires little maintenance.
- It is possible to tame bees to get the most out of them. We will be discussing the mason honeybee in detail.
- Masonry is the construction of structures with bricks, stones, and mud. Masons are people who build masonry.
- Mason bees, therefore, use mud for their net construction. They gather nectar from many flowers. They are too busy to sting others.
- They are safe and don’t dig holes themselves, so they make excellent pollinators.
The Features of a Mason Bee
- They rarely sting. They don’t have stingers, while the males do not have one. The females sting only for self-defense, especially if they are trapped.
- They become yellowed from pollens on their legs, which is a sign they visit flowers often.
- They don’t live in colonies, and they don’t swarm. They are less destructive to buildings because of this.
- They can pollinate flowers up to 10x as fast as a honeybee.
- They can live up to six weeks. 
These friendly bees will ensure that your pets and children are safe.
Mason bees are a great choice if you want your farm to grow in productivity. They are amazing pollinators.
Leaf Cutter Bee
These are its key features:
- These solitary bees are friendly and small pollinators.
- They are rarely likely to bite or sting.
- They can pollinate flowers up to 20x as fast as a honeybee.
- These bees can help your plants achieve their full potential.
- To lay their eggs, they use hollow reeds or pre-drilled woodblocks.
How to choose a Mason Bee House?
How does it work?
The paper tube allows the female mason bees a place to lay their eggs. This happens mainly between March and August of the calendar year.
- Mason bee larvae are born in the winter and become adult bees by spring.
- It is best to clean tubes after at least one season of production.
- Regular replacement of tubes will ensure that there is no mite infestation.
How to place a Mason Bee House?
- The mason bee home can take many forms.
- It is made up of bamboo tubes bundled together and used to create a breeding area for mason bees.
- Find a spot where the sun will directly hit your mason honey bee house. This will allow the bees to heat up.
- Mason beekeeping requires good timing. They need to have enough resources and time to lay eggs and collect food.
- These life cycles are crucial for bees and can lead to reduced production or no offspring in the next season.
- The installation should be at least 6 feet above the ground, with the back facing a flat surface. You can seal one end and allow access to the other.
Mason Bees: Care and Management
- Your priority should be to protect your mason bee home from harsh weather conditions.
- If you live in colder regions, tilt your house to the southwest or south.
- Mason bees will choose to avoid the nest on hot days. This could reduce the return.
- When choosing an area to build a mason bee house, you should consider the possibility of predators.
- Your mason bees home can be attacked by predators like robins and crows. Keep them safe.
- They have attacked while they’re warming up or gathering food resources.
- Mites attack bee cocoons. Transmission occurs mainly through contact between the mites and during mating.
- Nest yield can be reduced if mites are infested for a long time.
- Clearing the cocoons affected by mite infestation is one way to get rid of them.
- After each season, dispose of or clean up all used materials. This is because mason honey bees don’t reuse or recycle their homes.
Feeding Mason Bees
Place your mason bee homes near trees. These bee species can adapt to a variety of plants and trees.
Any plant can be used, even if it is not a specific one.
Wildflowers can be incorporated into the landscape.
How to Make a Mason Bee House?
Assembling common materials for your bees is easy and fun.
You can create fantastic mason bee structures with just an empty can. All you need is a straw and a piece of paper.
Follow these steps to achieve this effect:
- A small coffee pot with nesting tubes about 6-8 inches in length is a good choice.
- To get rid of the coffee smell, wash the can well and dry it in direct sunlight.
- At the bottom, make a triangular cut.
- Apply a bee-friendly paint to it and let it dry.
- For nesting tubes, use paper straws. Plastic straws can spread disease to the nest, so avoid them.
- As an alternative to straws, you can also use small bamboo canes. You can smoothen the edges while keeping the desired length of 6-8 inches.
- Check that the bamboo is free of knots. This will allow mason bees to fly quickly.
- Find a flowering tree or plant and hang your home there.
- The house should be elevated at least 3ft above the ground. It should be stable and face the sun.
- After the bees have finished nesting, move your house to a dry and cool place.
- The paper tubes can’t be left out all year because they aren’t strong enough.
- You can place the tubes in the sun for the next season, and you will be able to attract more honeybees.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which is the best place to hang your bee house?
The installation should be within your yard or garden. The installation should be approximately 3-6 feet above the ground, facing either east or south in the direction that the sun shines.
Q. Is it coated with something?
Hollow tubes are a favorite spot for bees as they can fly easily and deposit mud in their nests. Then they lay eggs. They find the hollow tubes themselves, and it happens naturally.
This process is very interesting for nature lovers.
Q. Do they require repainting or not?
As bees can regulate their temperature, roofing is not a problem.
You can attract and keep beneficial bees with these mason bee homes.
Mason beekeeping can be a rewarding hobby for apiarists. It can also be a source of income, especially as the population grows.
You can control the mason bees, make as many nests as you like, or sell off the rest.
These are the things that will make it easy to care for these amazing insects. This article will give you some ideas for gifts that would be great gifts for your family member.
- Flow Hives Reviews: A Detailed Look at Flow Hive
- Top 5 Best Beekeeping eBooks for Beginners: Reviews and Guide
- Beekeeping Supplies near Me: Best Place to Buy Beekeeping Equipment
- Best Treatment for Varroa Mites in Beehives
- Top 10 Best Ventilated Bee Suits [Reviews]
This bee will be of great help to my farm and also, the lifespan seems to be quite amazing. When I get one, I will be back to get this Niteangel Natural Wooden Hotel Bee Bug House. It’s lightweight and can sit almost anywhere around the house. It is well-built and should be able to serve me as long as possible.