Today is National Cookie Day. I’m not entirely sure who makes up all these events, but I go with the flow because I enjoy cookies. I’ve felt so festive since the Christmas tree has gone up.
Naturally, I put two and two together, and we’ve got Christmas Star Cookies. It’s a simple egg-free recipe that makes about 16 sugar cookies. I added a bit of cinnamon because I always feel like spices are vital to festive baking.
Ingredients for 5 Star Christmas Cookie Recipes:
- 1 Tbs milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour (plus extra)
- 1/6 cup honey
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 100g soft butter
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Silver pearls
Instructions To Make 5 Star Christmas Cookies:
1. Preheat the oven to 160C.
2. Line your baking tray.
3. Mix the milk, cinnamon, self-raising flour, plain flour, honey, icing sugar and butter.
3. You may need to add more plain flour if the dough is sticky.
4. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and put it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
5. On a floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it’s 6mm thick.
6. Use a star cutter to cut the dough and place it on your baking tray.
7. Place the tray in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes until the cookies are golden.
8. Let the cookies sit on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
9. Beat the egg white with an electric whisk until it becomes stiff, like a meringue.
10. Add in the icing sugar and lemon juice and continue whisking.
11. Put the icing in a piping bag and line the edge of the cookies, placing a pearl on each point.
Hopefully, this post has put you into a festive baking mood. Let me know if you end up making these cookies. They’re quick and easy to make, and I think they look quite sweet. Most importantly, they taste delicious!
Pin me for later!
Leave a Reply